This is my first attempt and blogging...so forgive me if it is a little shaky at first. I thought that since Kurt and I are hitting our first big crossroads together that it would be fun to write down our thoughts, feelings, etc. as we moved through the next nine month.
As you have probably guessed we are pregnant, well I am anyways. Though I must admit that Kurt has suffered as many pregnancy pains as I have in the first eleven weeks. I have had what they would call all day sickness since week five, and have yet to even begin to enjoy the idea of being pregnant. In fact there are lots of days that I wonder what the heck I did to myself. Then we had our first ultrasound last week and it changed everything. We were able to see our little one, who waved at us! It made the whole thing feel real, and a little more worth the constant puking that I have done for 6 weeks. My doctor and everyone I know who has been pregnant keeps telling me that after the first trimester it gets better...Lord I hope so. Nine months of this would be more than either Kurt or I could take!
This will be our first baby and we are finally getting super excited. I am starting to show a little, which at 11 weeks is pretty strange, but after the ultrasound, where for a while my dr. thought I might be having twins, we found out that it is only one little monster, who happens to live in a large uterus. Lucky me. I just hope that it will all level out along the way and I won't keep growing at the rate I currently am. I will be as huge as a whale if I do. It is nice to wear elastic waistband pants sometimes :)
Friends of ours just had their first baby last Thursday, Madelyn Joy Scott, who will make the next seven month for Kurt and I feel like forever because she is so precious. She is just the sweetest thing ever and I just love holding her. I can't wait to baby sit. Kurt, who claims to not like to hold babies even enjoyed holding her...even though she decided to let a few rip on her Uncle Kurt...it was great!
Our families are super excited for the new baby too. For my parents it will be the first grand baby, so as everyone can imagine they are pretty thrilled with the idea. My brother (who is the most excited) is just bouncing off the walls and talking about all the things he is going to do as the cool uncle. I can just see the hamsters and lizards now. Not to mention the big wheels and other loud toys. Kurt and I have pretty much figured out that we won't have to buy the kid anything for at least the first year of it's life.
Kurt's parents are excited too...this will be grand kid number nine! It is a big group back in Wisconsin. Luckily Kurt's brother Kyle and his wife Vicky will be moving out to WA this summer, so our little one will have more of a chance to get to know the Riemer side of the family. Kurt's parents will be out for Thanksgiving, which assuming our little one comes on time, we will have two weeks to get settled and into a routine.
All and All this is a very exciting time in our life and we can't wait for November 9th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment