Friday, August 21, 2009

More new things keep coming

As Krista said in her last post we had a great time in WI. The baby shower was a good time to see lots of family and a few friends. Dad's birthday party was also great. We also went up to Madison to see a good friend of mine - Drew. Of course the County fair was fun too.

Since then lots of new things have been happening for us. Kyle and Vicky moved out to WA. They are about 2 hours from Krista and I. It will be a lot of fun to have them around close by. They came down last weekend and we will likely see them again next weekend.
Last weekend we poured about 8 yards of concrete along the side of our house and a patio. Gary, his friend Lance, my friend Paul and Kyle all helped out. For a bunch of rookies at pouring and finishing concrete I think that it turned out pretty well. The next step will be building steps for the deck to the concrete. The concrete is already paying off because i think the dogs are tracking less dirt into the house.

The biggest change for me has been a new job at University Place Veterinary Clinic that I started this past Monday. It is very exciting and going well. I have a great boss and lots of very good people working with me. It is taking me some time to get used to how they do things but it is going very well so far. Hopefully in the long run it will give me a more predictable schedule. That has not really worked out this week with 3 late nights but I am very much hoping that changes.

Next weeks new thing is baby classes which start on Thursday night so we will see how that goes.

Kurt

No comments:

Post a Comment